Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thankful Day 13: An ability

I am thankful for the ability to do triathlons! May seem silly, but really, physical activity is a gift that a lot of us take for granted. Plus, how many people are willing and able to swim, bike, and run in one event?! I've done four indoor sprint triathlons at the YMCA. They're a blast; it's just a 500 yd swim, 6 mi bike, and 2 mi run. My strongest leg is swimming, and my weakest is running. Most people I talk to about competing with me cringe when they hear the word 'swim.'

I'm at the point where I don't really have to train for these triathlons which isn't necessarily bad, I just don't always get the times I would like because of it. Eventually, I want to do an Ironman 70.3, which is a half Ironman. 70.3 is the total distance. These bad boys consist of a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and a half marathon, 13.1 miles of running. I will need proper gear, I will need to be able to afford to eat a LOT of food, and there wouldn't be an option not to train!

Beka and I before our first triathlon in 2009! 


This was taken Sunday after our third Tri for KP. 
We race this particular event in honor of our former executive director at the Y. 
He cheered us on at our first tri, and passed away months later. 

Beka actually posted a blog about triathlons today too! You can read it here. 




1 comment:

  1. I love this! You can do that big triathlon. I mean come on ... you could eat like 5 pizza marus and not feel an ounce of guilt!

    ReplyDelete