Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thankful Day 10: A memory

A memory I'm thankful for is of a family tradition we had while I was growing up, and it happens to involve my favorite holiday, Christmas!

You see, when I was younger, every Christmas morning, my grandparents would wake up super early, pack their vehicle with gifts for the grand-kids, and start their route. They stopped at our house first, I think because my brother is the oldest grandchild in town. When they arrived, honestly many times I was still sleeping (that's a whole new blog post!) but my brother made sure that I wouldn't delay opening presents and had my mom drag me out of bed, many times hanging limp over her shoulder. We would open our stockings first, and then on to the gifts! My mom usually made a breakfast casserole that we would enjoy also. Once the presents were all opened, my grandparents would say their goodbyes and head to the next house full of eagerly waiting grandchildren. Around noon we would pack up and go to my grandparents house where the whole family gathered for a delicious feast!

I didn't have time to search for the perfect picture to capture this memory, so I settled for these:

Christmas, probably '87 or '88
Christmas 2007

Christmas 2008


2 comments: