Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thankful: Catch up day

Day 14: A blessing

I am so incredibly thankful for the blessing of friendships! God has gone above and beyond any expectations I could have when I think about friendship. With every chapter in my life, every job, every home, I have had the blessing of loyal, trusting, caring friendships. I love my dear friends! 

And would would you believe I'm missing people?!

Day 15: An annoyance

Something that really annoys me is lack of manners. My mamma raised me right, but there is a funny story from when I was younger that seems appropriate to share before I move on. It was Christmas morning, and remember how my grandparents would pack up and bring gifts super early for us? Well, my mom always made sure we said please and thank you if we didn't do it on our own. So this particular Christmas morning I was 2 or 3 years old and had just opened a gift from my grandparents. My mom said, "What do you say?" Fully expecting a "thank you" in response, I actually said, "Open it!" Sure there was laughter, but I think my mom was pretty embarrassed!

So, back to the annoyance, it just irks me when people are rude, disrespectful, and lack manners. I am thankful for this because it reminds me to be kind and courteous, regardless of how I feel or what I have going on in my life. 


Day 16: Something I own 

Two items popped into my head when I thought about this prompt, so I'll give you both. 

1. I am thankful to own my Bible, in my language! So many nations lack this gift. Even more, I'm thankful I live in a country that I can take it with me wherever I go and read it at anytime. 

2. I am thankful to own a passport. That little book has allowed me to see so much already, and I can't wait to put it to good use again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment