Monday, April 2, 2012

the sound of rain

I've been sitting on my bed, reading, and listening to the sound of rain. I love this sound. The only thing that would make it better is some good ol' Kansas thunder and to be able to watch lightning with it.

Exciting news first: My amazing mom and grandma booked their flights to KOREA!!! They are coming in September. Ask Beka, I am already counting down! 5 months and 1 week until they're here! I feel so blessed to have family and friends that not only want to visit, but can and are going to visit! Reading that email was better than receiving a package!

Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!  Psalm 95:1

Beka and I had our debut on the worship team at church on Sunday! It still makes me laugh to think of all people, that I am on the worship team! I'm very glad Cherrel has encouraged me to do so but it's still comical at times.

Our church has been a blessing since day one, and I know that feeling will continue. What amazing people we've met! Thankfully, we have a church family to celebrate Easter with next Sunday!

As I've said, our first race is this Saturday. We finally have a name and picture to go with the race. It's the 21st Cherry Blossom Marathon (we're running the 10k, trooper Ethan is running the 1/2) in Gyeongju. Translation: it's going to be a beautiful race!!! Looks like we'll be running some hills, but we knew deep down to expect that. I'm getting pumped!

Tonight I finished Matthew and started Exodus. After the Lord asks Moses to talk to the elders of Israel, and provided him with signs that it was from God, Exodus 4:10-13 reads: But Moses said to the Lord, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and tongue." Then the Lord said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak." But he said, "Oh, my Lord, please send someone else." 

Sound familiar? How often do we find excuses in our lives to chicken out on what the Lord asks of us? And the Lord's response assures Moses that he will take care of it. He's saying, 'Hello! I made your mouth, and I'll help your words.' But did that satisfy him? Nope. He still requested for the Lord to send someone else. And the Lord, being patient and rich in mercy did send his brother Aaron to help speak. I just find it interesting that people do the same thing in different forms as thousands of years ago. What's God asking you to do that you're telling him you can't do? Don't you know that the God that created you will help you through?

I'll leave you with this:
1 Thessalonians 5:24 He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment