Friday, April 13, 2012

Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping in!

Hello again! 

It's been a while so I'll rewind to Easter. Nothing too exciting but we had Easter service at church and then we all went to Tyson's for a delicious potluck and a time to hang out. There was an egg hunt for the kiddos while singing and guitar playing occurred inside. 

The day before we went to GyeongJu for our race. It was freezing, but we warmed up on our run. Ethan took off for the 1/2 and did an amazing job. Beka, our director, and I took off for the 10k. It was sweet because my director stayed with me for the entire race. At the beginning of the race he'd turn around and wave for Beka and I to run faster. He was a good encouragement and I just thought it was really nice of him to slow down for me. It was a hard run, but it was fun. We're looking for another one to sign up for and hopefully train more this time.

 our principal, me, Beka, Ethan, our director
Pre-race picture

This week we had Wednesday off due to elections. So, we had a girls night in on Tuesday night. Salad. Pizza. Chocolate Cake. Girls. Talking. What else do you need? Melanie even joined us to make it an official sleepover. 

After sleeping in until 11:30am (we were up until 4 something!) we got ready and headed to Okpo for an American brunch. Then off to coffee. Afterwards we walked the board walk in Okpo, and did some shopping for family and friends. We finished the night with our favorite: cheese naan! Too bad we don't have every Wednesday off. I really think everyone should adopt 4 day work weeks. 

Yay for unexpected days off! 

Exciting news: Jen and Will had their baby! Grayson Gardner Root, born April 7th. I wish I could hold the little guy! Thankfully I've already had the chance to Skype with them once and hope to do it again soon. Technology makes living abroad so much easier. 

Beka and I have seen some teenagers wearing thick rimmed glasses without lenses. We thought it was funny but didn't really question it. Then we found some and had to purchase them! We wore them to school the next day like it was no big deal. Our vice principal ended up telling us that celebrities started wearing them without lenses to avoid the glare in pictures and it became a trend. 

How cute is Dylan in this picture?!

Tomorrow is my cats 17th birthday! How fun is that?? A couple of years ago I took her to the vet and they examined her and when they found out her age they were shocked. She's still in good health!  

Happy Birthday Kitty Katie!!

Today we were lucky enough to go on another Korean field trip. And so did every other school on the island! It was the Dinosaur expo, and there were kids everywhere! We were sure we would loose a child, especially mine, but we didn't. It was basically a photo-shoot as we had to stop and take pictures every few steps it seemed. Also, there was a parade at the beginning and it terrified some of the kids to tears! I didn't blame them, it was pretty scary. One of Beka's students literally crawled up Ethan's leg he was so scared. It was an adventure. 

Hanging with the triceratops. nbd.


Okay, that's all the randomness I've got for now. I hope you've enjoyed all the pictures. It's time to play a card game. 


2 comments:

  1. How funny about the glasses without lenses. That answers the question I've had about seeing the young Asian girls with those very same glasses recently. I saw them at the library a couple of months ago for the first time and didn't want to stare but I kept looking to see if the glasses had lenses or not! Thanks for explaining. Nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, too funny! Glad I could help clear things up =)

    ReplyDelete