Thursday, October 31, 2013

You always want what you can't have

I've found that saying all too true many times in my life. For example, I grew up with an oven in my house all my life, but I never really cared for baking much. I can count on two hands how many times I used my oven in my apartment that I lived in for almost two years. Then, I moved to Korea, where ovens are few and far in between. Their food just doesn't require an oven, so why would they put them in their apartments? So, naturally, I wanted to BAKE, but alas, I could not! 

Our 'oven' in Korea 

When I got home in May, after being inspired (like I needed inspiration after wanting to bake for over a year and not being able to...) by these delicious cookies at Beka's wedding, I became a baking machine! Some foods I've baked are those chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, sugar cookies, apple crisp, cheesecake, scones, and recently pumpkin bread and pumpkin coffee cake! 

Mmm Mmm Good! 

Who knew baking could be so much fun? It's a fun activity to do with people too. However, I write this post knowing that my baking is going on hold until Thanksgiving. Why, you may ask? Beginning tomorrow, November 1st, I'm cleansing- Alisha style. I've wanted to detox from refined/added sugars since I've been home so I'm doing that. Also, I want to focus on eating whole, unprocessed foods. Wish me luck! 

PS- Happy Halloween! How cute is this mini I found at the Y? 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Paris Baguette. I never knew it would inspire you to bake away =). Yay for the cleanse. I know you have been talking about that for a while. What about Thanksgiving though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Well, PB didn't inspire me to bake, the lack of an oven and wanting what I couldn't have inspired me. ;-) Oh girl, don't worry, the cleanse is over Thanksgiving Day!! I didn't move back to America to miss Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete