Saturday, January 19, 2013

Yoga in another Language

November was a long month in terms of teaching days. We knew we had to do something to help us through. We decided months prior, that we would have Yoga November. There is a hot yoga studio in Jungok, about a 10-12 minute walk away. A friend connected us with her Korean friend that attends classes there and she helped the process of trying it out and purchasing a month. While there were a few poses that I like to call Asian yoga poses (aka-there's no way you'll find me doing it!) we really enjoyed the class. Did I laugh at myself? Yes. Did I get laughed at? You bet. Sometimes it's hard to be corrected and perfect a pose without a language barrier let alone not being able to converse at all. However, the instructor was great and truly wanted us to do well. She would talk to us after class (through our new friend and translator, Faith) and explain poses and ask if we had questions. They all seemed shocked that we were able to do what we could do and asked about our yoga history. While we loved the class, we only went for about a month and a half. The reasoning will sound absurd, but we're honestly too exhausted to go the standard amount of times you pay for: 3 or 5 times a week. Good thing walking is part of our lifestyle here.


1 comment:

  1. Just saw this post. It made me chuckle. Girl, I can run miles and miles, but Ryan made me do the yoga portion of p90x with him once, and I barely made it half way! I had to quit because I was so stinking exhausted. There was definitely lots of laughs during that 30 minute period. Thank the Lord that phase of his life is over. haha! Love you and can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete