Thursday, November 22, 2012

Characteristics of Christ

Instead of having days of Thanksgiving, Beka had an idea to study attributes of God each day. It was great to look through the word and study His countless attributes. I encourage you to do it do!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The first of November:
Patient
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

The second of November:
Protector
Psalm 5:11-12
But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you. For you bless the righteous, O Lord; you cover him with favor as with a shield.

The third of November:
Faithful
2 Thessalonians 3:3
The Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.

The Fourth of November:
Merciful
Exodus 34:6
The Lord passed before him and proclaimed, "The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness."

The Fifth of November:
Healer
Psalm 103:2-3
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases.

The Sixth of November:
Trustworthy
Psalm 93:5
Your decrees are very trustworthy; holiness befits your house, O Lord, forevermore.

The Seventh of November:
Holy  
1 Peter 1:15-16
But as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I am holy."

The Eighth of November:
All Knowing 
1 John 3:19-20
By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart and he knows everything.

The Ninth of November:
Savior 
Psalm 25:4-5
Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.

The Tenth of November:
Gracious
Isaiah 30:18
Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you,
and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you.
For the Lord is a God of justice;
blessed are all those who wait for him.

The Eleventh of November:
Counselor 
Jeremiah 32:18-19
O great and mighty God, whose name is the Lord of hosts, great in counsel and mighty in deed, whose eyes are open to all the ways of the children of man, rewarding each one according to his ways and according to the fruit of his deeds.

The Twelfth of November:
Friend 
John 15:15
No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

The Thirteenth of November:
Forgiving
Colossians 1:13-14
He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

The Fourteenth of November:
God the Father
Psalm 68:5
Father of the fatherless and protector of the widows is God in his holy habitation.

The Fifteenth of November:
God the Son
Luke 19:10
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.

The Sixteenth of November:
God the Holy Spirit
Luke 3:21-22
Now when all the people were baptized and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove, and a voice came from heaven, "You are my beloved son, with you I am well pleased."

The Seventeenth of November:
Good Shepherd 
John 10:11, 27-30
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives his life for the sheep...My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.

The Eighteenth of November:
Judge
Ecclesiastes 4:16-17
Moreover, I saw under the sun that in the place of justice, even there was wickedness, and in the place of righteousness, even there was wickedness. I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for there is a time for every matter and for every work.

The Nineteenth of November:
Servant
Philippians 2:6-8
Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

The Twentieth of November:
Lamb of God
John 1:29
The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"

The Twenty-First of November:
Alpha & Omega 
Revelation 1:8
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

The Twenty-Second of November:
Love
1 John 4:7-8
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment