Monday, February 13, 2012

Putting my life in boxes

As I sit in my apartment after a full day of appointments, errands, and packing to move to the other side of the world I’m realizing one thing. My mind is fully aware of the new adventure I’m going to embark on, and my heart is still trying to catch up.  


After months of prayer and paperwork, it makes sense that I'm mentally ready. I'm not sure you can ever fully prepare emotionally for a move like this. Not when you're invested in the lives of people around you. Not when you live a full life. Ready or not, this week I'm going to have to get real. To tell the people I care about most, "I love you, and I'll see you in a year or so..." will surely make it reality. Or maybe reality will strike when I'm on the plane- for over 13 hours straight! Or maybe not until I'm unpacking in my new apartment....


Though I've had feelings from across the board today as I've packed, I can still say that I feel peace about it. Peace about packing up and moving to Korea. Peace about teaching kids English. Peace about finding a community to worship with. Peace about leaving everything I know.


 Psalm 37:5, 7, 23 
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act... Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him...The steps of a man are established by the Lord. 



2 comments:

  1. Whooa.... I didn't knew you were leaving to Korea....Well good luck to you in all your future endeavors.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you!! :) I will be praying for you and your journey to this side of the world!

    ReplyDelete